MENARD COUNTY BOARD OF HEALTH
Monday, May 16, 2011
Members Attending: Staff Attending:
Edie Sternberg Alicia Davis, Admin.
Robert Lowentahl, MD Jan Dedert, RN
Donna Simmering Dean Heyen
Dave Bagot R.PH
Don Hartman, DDS
Barb Kyes, RN
Jeff Fore, County Commissioner
Jackie Horn, Menard County Treasurer
Edie Sternberg, President, called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm. All members were welcomed.
Minutes of March 21, 2011 were approved.
FINANCIAL UPDATE Alicia
1. Discussion held regarding overall Receivables and Receivables owed to MCHD by the State of Illinois
2. Request was made by Alicia to ask the County Board of Commissioners for an increase to the line of credit with the current outstanding receivable from the State of Illinois.
3. Discussion held regarding TB Patient
HOME HEALTH: Jan
1. The visit count was presented and discussed.
2. The FY 2010 Cost report was presented and discussed.
PUBLIC HEALTH: Alicia
1. Review of monthly numbers.
2. Discussion held training new staff.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH: Dean
1. Handed out statistics
2. Discussion held about the abandoned buildings in Athens.
GRANT UPDATES: Alicia
1. Discussion was held regarding Women’s Health Program at Athens Christian Church that was held on April 28, 2011.
2. Discussion was held about the DFC – Drug Take Day on April 30, 2011 with the DEA and Menard County Sheriff.
1. The letter from Illinois Department of Public Health regarding certification until 2015 was shared with the Board.
1. Review of the County Health Ranking.
2. Menard County Self-funded Health Plan is being reviewed for changes and an increase. Alicia sought direction from the Board to be able to seek other options for the Health Department employees.
ADMINNISTRATIVE OBJECTIVES: Alicia
Administrator’s objectives were reviewed for FY 2011.
No further business – Meeting adjourned
Next Board of Health meeting scheduled for July 18, 2011.